Monday, May 08, 2006

This is probably really long....

Hi all!

First off, let me just say that it was brought to my attention that the previous post had appeared twice. It's not doubly good news, so I've deleted the duplicate--it should be fixed now.

Here's where it will get long... A LOT has happened since the last post, and I'm gonna cram it all into one, because I can. :-)

Okay!

Now I don't know where to start. I'll just start with the week of the last post.

The last week of April was a whirlwind week, to say the least. During it, Jermy wrapped up things at his old, crappy "school" (if you don't know what I'm referring to by that, you haven't been a longtime reader of this blog... you've got some catching up to do!), and got ready to depart for "orientation" at his new, awesome "school"! On his last day before his departure, we ran around all afternoon, looking for new apartments, since our current lease is up in June (and they want us to pay 10% more this year... seems a bit steep, if you ask me!) and Jeremy wanted to wrap that up before he left. We also ended up running out to Herndon to pick up a suitcase Jeremy didn't realize he needed until 9 o'clock that night. Needless to say, it was a late night, and a semi-early morning the next day.

Sunday, we woke up, got some 'interesting' news (which I will share at a later time), and then Jeremy was off! I ended up vegging at my parents house until later that night. And then it was business as usual: I got up and went to work everyday, while Jeremy hung out in NE without me. My evenings consisted of American Idol, Boston Legal, Lost, South Park, and lots of soup making (I had soup every night last week! Homemade, of course...) Not very exciting.

Friday, however, was different. I worked 'til about 1:30, then rushed to BWI to catch a flight to visit Jeremy. With traffic on 495/95, I barely made it there an hour ahead. But then, I was able to relax, just chilling on the flight, on my way to my hubby.

It was a nice weekend... We got up Saturday, and drove to Fall River/Tiverton (where I grew up), got so-so Chinese food from China Star (I remember it being so much better when I was younger...), then drove around the old neighborhood after stopping at Tim Hortons (apparently they bought out Bess Eaton [which had the best donut sticks, by the way...], but this one was a bit disappointing... Timbits are just no good if they're not fresh...) The best part of Saturday was going to Fogland Beach. We used to go there every year as a kid, and try to dig up clams for my Mom (usually, successfully...) Jeremy and I had no such luck this weekend. But it was neat pointing out all the periwinkles and mussels, showing Jeremy what holes to look for to find clams to dig, and so on and so forth. It was a nice time. We'll definitely be bringing the kids (not that we have any yet, but plan to eventually) there to visit for a summer vacation, if only for a few days. It's just a nice time (and much cooler, at least 10, 15 degrees than inland).

Sunday was nice because we got to hang out with my old boss, Steve, and his family (he's the guy that hired me back when I started at EB Games.) Before we did that, though, we had to go back around the old neighborhood again, because we'd forgotten to charge the video camera for Saturday (it died while we were filming the "new" Super Stop and Shop.) Then we spent an hour driving around Fall River, trying to find a Portuguese store that was open, so we could buy my Mom some chourico (sorry, Mommy, didn't happen... we tried, we really did... I've got the footage to prove it.) Needless to say, we were ready to just relax and chill with Steve and the family. We played Mario Party, drank Del's Lemonade, at grilled food, and just visited. It was very nice. By the time we returned to the hotel (around 9) we were pretty beat. I went right to bed (sooo tired), so I would get at least a decent night's sleep before waking up at 4 the next morning to catch my flight.

I didn't make it at 4. I got up at 5 instead. So tired... Got to the airport in plenty of time to catch my flight. Even had enough time to grab a bagel for breakfast. People were cranky, though. This one guy was frustrated because of the small packages taking up all the space in the overhead bins, that he took one out and tried shoving it in another bin. Well, that package belonged to this lil old lady who looked like she was ready to fight the guy! She probably would have too, if the flight attendant hadn't broken it up. She didn't follow the attendants instructions, though, for placing the package under her seat. She found somewhere else to put it instead. Oi vey... people.

I had an aisle seat, which I hate, because I enjoy looking out the window. I'm also rarely the type of person to get up during a flight, and hate having to do so for other people. Well, the gal at the window decided her bladder needed relief more than I needed my nap (I was sleeping on the plane, trying to catch up), and woke me up so she could go. Grrr... seriously, it was only an hour flight. Could she not hold it?!? How rude.

And that brings us to now. I have yet to recover from the sleep thing, and it's rainy and cold here in DC. After sitting in traffic for two hours, I was unable to motivate myself to go visit stores today. So I'm making today an office day, and am going to use the time to create feng shui in my apartment again, organizing all the boxes I've received recently to better prepare for the work week ahead.

Things are only gonna get crazier this week, I know it. I'll be glad when Jeremy comes home and can give his stupid cat the attention he needs, because I sure don't want to. He's been meowing ever since I came home, and I know he won't stop come bedtime tonight. If anyone wants him, I'd sure love to save the $400 pet deposit!!! Let me know! :-)

And that's that. Did you make it all the way through? Hope it wasn't too boring. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:53 PM

    it wasn't as boring as you thought ;)

    Go AWAY CRAPPY WEATHER!! I'm tired of it here in FL too...:(

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers