Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm an idiot.

And apparently, I can't do math.

We ordered Chinese food tonight, mostly because our schedule got thrown off when the neighbors came over to invite Jeremy to go shooting. And Jay was here working on getting our TV up off the table that's been sitting in front of the fireplace. So we ordered Chinese.

Normally, I pay with a credit card, but I had cash today, so I did that instead. The whole time (well, not the whole time, but periodically throughout the time) before the delivery guy showed up, I was mentally calculating in my head how much to give him. Here's a sneak peak at how I do math (at least, this time...)

"Let's see... total is $54.xx (I know, that's a lot, but we got sushi, adds almost $20 right there.) I've got twenty's, so that means if I give him $60 (3 twenty's, right?), ask for $5 back, that'll leave him with a $10 tip."

Uh huh... It made sense in my mind....

Guy shows up, I hand him the $60, ask for $5 back, he gives me a look, I say, "Thank you!", he says 'yep." As soon as I close the door, I tell Jeremy, "Gee... Ya give the guy a $10 tip and all he can say is, "Yep." I can't believe that."

Are you laughing at me yet?

So that kinda bugged me the whole meal! At some point, though, a light bulb comes on, and I say, "Oh no... I didn't give him any tip!" Well, $.35... but that's really more insulting than anything else.

Now I'm even more bugged. I tried to justify it by saying, "Well, they did take an hour to get here..." but that didn't make me feel better. Jeremy says I'll be over it in the morning, and we'll never order from them again (we've ordered from them once before, but we usually order from this other place closer by...) I'm not worried about being blacklisted, or them doing who-knows-what to our food if we do order from them again (wouldn't you?? You'd think about it, you know you would... :-) I just feel terrible for not tippin' the poor guy... That's just wrong.

I think we're going to have to make a stop on the way home from church tomorrow... and then we'll have to stop at Old Navy, because when they rang me up for Jeremiah's outfit, they forgot to charge me for the hat... I noticed, and didn't say anything because I wasn't sure until I left.... And now, everytime I think about it, I hear Jim Supp in my head, saying, "You forgot to charge me for the cup of coffee. Could you add it to my bill?" (Those of you who are Union-ites will get that... Everyone, it's a long story, but basically they forgot to charge him for something [he has several of these to choose from] and he makes a point of going back to pay for it, because it's the right thing to do.) It is the right thing to do, and I've got a few I need to go back and do besides the hat (biggest one is a piece of lingerie from Lord & Taylor that I bought the day we got married... I had two pieces together, and she only scanned one.... But I'm pretty sure they don't sell that anymore, and I'm not sure how much it cost, but it was at least $70... 'Though I think she knew what she was doing, just wanted me to spend more money on makeup [I did.])

Thanks a lot, Jim Supp! You've given my conscience a voice--your's! lol

Moral of the story: Tip your delivery guy, pay for things you buy (even if someone may get in trouble for it! I've gotten a few people in trouble because I've gone back to pay for things I wasn't charged for... I'm sorry!) and don't drink and drive! Yeah....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers