Thursday, June 05, 2008

I don't get it..

Am I the only one? I just don't get the whole craziness behind "Sex and the City." There're articles in every magazine I get, promos and commercials during every show I watch, and endless online chatter about the show and now movie. I just don't get it. I'd heard about it when it was on HBO (probably the main reason I never saw it--not crazy enough to pay for HBO,) and I know my Aunt used to watch it with my cousin when she was a baby... But I don't get it. I suppose I'm not in the right class to "get it". After all, I don't have thousands of dollars in disposable income to use to buy the latest "clutch" or "boa" that Carrie, Sarah Jessica Parker's character, wears in various episodes. From what I've heard, the show is about the fashionable Carrie, and her & her friends' quest for sex in the big city, as single women.

But I just don't get it. Then again, I'm sure the same folks who love "Sex in the City" also can't figure out LOST, so I guess we're even. :) Though I'd like to think that loving LOST requires a certain amount of intelligence and devotion that the average TV chooses to not exert. It's the same 12-13 million fans that tune in every week, and that's it.

Seriously... I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers