Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Six Weeks!

Jesslyn is six weeks old today.  My, how time flies.  At the same time, though, it feels like she's been a part of the family forever!  And not in the "negative" way.  It probably has something to do with the fact that we "included" her in our lives when she was still in utero. 

Anyways, life has been good.  In honor of her 6th week, she slept 10 hours straight last night.  She may not be a consistent napper, but boy does she enjoy her nighttime sleep!  Hey, I'll take that.  

Let's see... what else...  Well, when she's not napping (she sleeps a lot during the day, but usually little cat naps before and after a "big" nap) she loves looking around and smiling at Mommy, Daddy or her favorite big brother, Jeremiah.  She still loves to hang out with her lion friend in her playmat/center/thingie, and the mobile attached to her swing.  Like her brother (not many of those...) she's a cuddle bug, and doesn't like being on her back, especially if she's being held.  When you're holding her, she wants to be up and looking around!  Don't hold her like a baby, unless it's sleepy time, unless you want to hear how well she can whine and cry.  :)  And boy can she cry.  We've got our own little "Jekyl & Hyde" here... she's so different when she's upset... And so sweet when she's not.  Ah well.  I wasn't expecting Jeremiah 2.0, after all.  

It's been a crazy week, thus far... Yesterday, I had my 6 week post-partum check up (by myself, since Jeremy had to go to PA for the day, so I had both kids! Yikes!  It went okay, though.)  All is well there, though I kinda got reamed out for gaining 2 lbs...  Well, y'know, that coulda just been a clothing thing... It was warmer when I went for my 2 week than yesterday.  But whatever.  I'm still over 10 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, so I still feel good.  Now that we're at the 6 week mark, I'll feel better about getting out and moving around more than before (since she was in the NICU, I never had a chance to really relax and recover during those first two weeks when Jeremy was off.  So I took that time afterwards.)   ANYWAYS!  Yeah, so we did that, came home, tried to nap (Jeremiah refused, much to my dismay...,) went to visit Miss Mary, since she was so awesome to bring us dinner and cupcakes (and left them, since I was at my appt.)  Headed to Costco for a few things (funny how it's always "a few things" going in and ends up being "a lot of things" on the way out...)  Yeah.  Crazy.

Today was nuts in the afternoon.  After a good nap was had by all (Jeremiah slept 3 hours, Jesslyn 3 hours, after a few interruptions when the binky popped out, and I even got about an hour or so,) we headed to Tysons to pick up Daddy so he could pick up his car from the shop in Springfield.  We then stopped at the mall for dinner before meeting up with someone from Craigslist who had some free formula for Jesslyn (love Craigslist!  And it's so nice to see people giving away the formula they received for free in the first place... So many people try to sell it, and that's so annoying... But I digress...)  After a quick stop at Walmart (super busy, even at 9 at night!) and a fill up at the gas station (how does this math make sense... regular: $2.97; plus: $3.41; premium: $3.51.  Glad our vehicles don't require 91 or higher...) we headed home to put some tired kids to bed.  Well, it's almost midnight and Jesslyn is just now asleep... maybe she'll sleep 'til 8 or 9... that'd be sweet.

Tomorrow, I'm staying home.  Probably take the kids outside, if it's nice, but yeah, not going anywhere, I don't think.  The weekend should be quiet, too, though there are a lot of Halloween things going on that we may take Jeremiah to (our neighborhood is having a parade, the next neighborhood over is doing a haunted house, most malls are doing stuff and having trick or treating, etc...)  

Okay.  That's enough.  How about some pics?






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Jess~ these pixs and your story is amazing!!! Truly... I am driving to my mother's for the weekend and the 3 hour drive is like dragging a little so I decide to surf and drive...I know not a great idea..but ... I start reading you and seeing the new pixs..and I'm like OMGosh!! This is amazing..and as I am saying that out loud I wake up kelli sitting next to me..she loved Jer and jesslyn..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers