Friday, October 06, 2006

And.... we're back!

We have returned from the mountains, and I'm happy to report that we have not become "country" despite our extended exposure to such living. Well, there wasn't much about our trip that you would consider country, I guess... We were in a cabin, in the mountains, somewhat secluded (with our own private hot tub--wink wink, nudge nudge ;-) for 3 nights, and I'm very glad to be home. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time... It was just.... 'eventful'. :-) Well, here, I'll explain.

We arrived Tuesday evening, a little later than originally planned (we had wanted to leave at noon or one and take Skyline Dr, but we woke up at 11... So that didn't happen.) Got there around 5:10, checked in, unloaded, and hit the hot tub! Don't worry, we turned it down so as to not hurt Jeremy Jr (we kept it between 96-99 while there). After we'd had enough of that, we started to figure out dinner plans, and then realized, DUH DUH DUHHHHHHNNNNNNNN! We'd forgotten Jeremy's CPAP (if ya don't know what that is, Google it--lots of info there) at home. Now, we realized this shortly before 8 pm... Which meant either him trying to sleep without it (and snoring all night, which would have kept me up= no sleep for either of us) and getting it in the morning, or driving back home that night, picking it up, and driving back. We chose the later. So back in the car we go for another 2 hr drive, picked up his machine, and headed back on the road. We got back to the cabin around midnight, and basically crashed after that point. Thank goodness we had decided to go somewhere semi-close.

The rest of the week wasn't really eventful, but it had it's moments (more on those in a minute). We spent our time mostly relaxing (hot tub-TV-eat-hot tub-TV-eat, repeat), but we did get out Wednesday. Headed to an Amish type market (Yoders Country Store), got some spices and cooking stuff CHEAP, some fresh milk (chocolate, of course, that's why there are brown cows), meats, cheeses, breads, goodies, (seedlings gum for me, much to Jeremy's dismay--I tend to swallow chewing gum, so I've been told to try 'spitting it out', but what's the fun in that?! Seriously, who does that????) etc... Spent uber bucks, but it was worth it. I love those places, they should have them around here for me to shop at.

We headed to Charlottesville Mall to get some shopping done that we'd been putting off (new clothes for Jeremy, girl stuff for me, etc) so on and so forth... Had a nice dinner Thursday at The Lafayette Inn (fried green tomatoes.... mmmmmm.... although theirs was so and so... didn't taste like fried, tasted more like baked, but good enough I guess). And then we left to come home today, around 11 (we did stop at Yoder's on our way out, though). We made it home, through lots of rain, around 2 pm. It's good to be home.

Okay, so back to the 'eventful' side of things.. This may be kind of embarrassing for me, but I don't really care, so here goes. So, I was a bit freaked out by the "remoteness" of our location. It was nice during the day, but at night, I had the toughest time sleeping. I was subconsciously convinced that someone was gonna try to break into our cabin while we slept--or that there was someone watching us while we in the hot tub (but only at night, when you can't see anything 5 ft or more away...) or something! It didn't help that the first night we were there, I had a dream that a cop had chased someone down around the cabin, but that guy shot the cop and then said he was gonna go "shoot those people in the cabin next!" YIKES! Yeah, so I didn't sleep well this week. Last night, I had to get up and pee (like I usually do), but was too afraid to go downstairs to do so by myself (yes, I am an adult, and yes, I'm being serious). I had to wake Jeremy up to come with me (which he did! Awww, he's so sweet...) It didn't help that the bathroom was at the end of the kitchen, the door to it in plain view of the outside door (which was glass and had no curtains on it--pretty stupid if you ask me...)

Yeah... I'm glad to be home.

And that's it. I'm pretty sure Jeremy Jr has flipped and is now head down. Hopefully he stays that way. 10-15 weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:41 PM

    What fun! Actually being out in the middle of nowhere CAN be creepy at times. For that reason staying at The Farm wasn't always the most relaxing spot at night.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers