Thursday, June 08, 2006

Taking a break...

I'm home today. Not because I necessarily want to be (well, who doesn't like to take a day off here and there?), but it's one last desperate attempt to fix something that doesn't seem to want to get better on its own--my back.

I don't know what I did to it, but obviously it wasn't very happy about it. By the end of the workday Tuesday and Wednesday, I was walking around hunched over like an old lady, just to give my back time to realign itself before I could stand up straight again. The only time it feels good is when I wake up in the morning, having laid flat on it all night. So I'm hoping that super long back laying will produce permanent results... We'll keep our fingers crossed. :-)

In other news, find a mover to deal with all our stuff is not as easy as making a phone call. I've heard so many horror stories about people and movers, I'm wary, but also know that good movers exist out there somewhere---for a price. Now, we did set aside a budgetted amount for the move, but looks like we're underestimated by half. Opps. So now it looks like we're gonna have to pack ourselves (one mover wanted $1200 just to pack), and just hire the movers to actually MOVE it from here to our new place 9 miles away. Blah. I don't know what we're going to do yet. We've got another guy coming to do a quote on Friday... Hopefully he's got more reasonable numbers.

On a more upbeat note, we've had a lovely couple of weekends this past two weeks. Between being poolside for three days Memorial Day weekend, and semi-poolside this past weekend (a little too cool for me to go in), it's been a very relaxing time. Got to watch a handful of youngsters get baptized in my parents pool, ate lots of great food, and just relaxed. Made it more difficult to go back to work on Monday, but hey, enjoy what ya can, right?

And finally, we're 10 weeks along now, in our little adventure we call "Jeremy Jr", and everything's going well. Everyone keeps asking us what names we've thought about, and honestly, I have a list, and then Jeremy's got "JeremyJr, boy or girl". At the baptism last weekend, Jeremy and I sat around with a crowd that started off with just my brother Jason, and came up with some wacky names that we could scar our child for life with. Some of the favorites were "Yo Wilcox" ("What's up, Yo?"), "Dogg Wilcox" (ditto), "Will Cox Wilcox" (yeaaaah....), curtesy of Lisa Jones, "Venis Agina Wilcox" (that's just cruel), "Master Wilcox" ("Master, go clean your room!"), "Lord Vader Wilcox" (really? that's a character in Star Wars? Never seen it!), of course, "Darth Wilcox", "Water Wilcox" (I don't know...), etc. Then we started thinking we could do like some towns are doing around the country, and get a company to sponsor the kids name for a set time, and then we'll change it again, like, "DirecTV Wilcox" (free Satelitte!), of course, they're halfway there with "Cox Wilcox", or "Sony Wilcox" (free PS3 baby!), "Nintendo Wilcox", "Microsoft XBOX Wilcox", maybe "Dell Wilcox" or "Apple Wilcox" (oh wait, Gwenyth Paltrow already took that one...), the possibilities are endless! If you have any good suggestions, please leave a comment and let us know! We've got a little time, Jan 7 is still 7 months away... Vote now! :-)

2 comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers