I'm still sick. BOOOO! But Jeremiah's not! YAY!!
I really don't know what's going on. I think, in the end, it's only a cold that won't take a hint and leave. All it is is symptoms, after all--sore throat, congestion, cough. No fatigue (surprisingly, though I do try to take it easy and nap when I can), no fever, no headache (at least not since Sunday), no other aches and pains (again, since Sunday.) I feel fine, or at least I would, if I didn't have a head. :) Is a head really that important? Can't I just whack it off and be done with it?? No? Maybe not a good idea? Okay....
I guess that wouldn't be helpful for "Jess Jr", huh?
I've been trying all sorts of homeopathic remedies--cayenne pepper, lemon/honey, etc... The cayenne pepper... that was interesting. Yeah, gargling water and cayenne is a bit yucky and hot, but that wasn't the worst part. Have you ever smelled cayenne pepper??? It has this weird, almost "b.o."-ish odor to it. That was the worst part. Plugging your nose helps with that, but after doing that about 6 times with no improvement, I gave up. I guess I should have stuck with it longer, but I really got sick of the smell....
Thankfully, no nausea whatsoever yet, despite the harsh smells!
ACV, or apple cider vinegar, is supposed to be another good one--drink it like you would a cup of tea.... I'm all out, but I may pick some up later, as I have seen little improvement with everything else. I have noticed that eating a couple of oranges provides mild temporary relief (probably the same way ACV does--the acid in the juice "kills" everything back there... or something...)
Have I mentioned how much it sucks being sick when you're pregnant???
I'm not sure if I want to subject Jeremy to the last home brew alternative--garlic cloves. I guess you cut it up, and chew on each piece individually. Now, I love garlic, but even I have never had it that 'straight up'. Maybe I'll make a salad dressing, heavy on the garlic and ACV, very light on the "E.V.O.O." as Rachel Ray likes to say, and see if that does anything... We'll see...
Yeah, I told ya, very exciting stuff, huh? I wish I had more to talk about, but really, nothing's been going on this week except that... And my parents made it back to the States okay. They're flying from Boston to Dulles this afternoon, so I'm sure they'll have lots to say about their stay in the Azores with my Avo. We're going to try to go in the Summer, probably July. That should be nice. :)
We're planning on going then because I'll be around 7 months preggers then, so my Avo can't say anything about my weight... Believe me, she would otherwise....
And that's all folks! Time to get Jemiah down for his morning nap.



Roasted garlic! Eat a whole clove of it on toast or crackers... it's a natural immune booster! (i can send you specific instructions if you want) -ainsley
ReplyDelete