Anyway, yeah, I'm going to try to do this despite the distractions.
Yay, the kids have colds again! I think Jeremiah caught it playing at JW Tumbles. It's a new "baby gym" that opened up about a mile away, right next to the grocery store we frequent the most! They had free open play all last week so everyone could try it out, and I'm pretty sure that's where the bug got caught. Boooo... Well, it saves me some money--I was going to enroll Jeremiah in a class, but if he's just going to catch colds there, then forget it. It's all good, though, since Jeremy and our favorite "Uncle James" set up the swing set yesterday. Jeremiah will be on it non-stop, I'm sure! Too bad we have severe storms to look forward to all day today... And possibly tomorrow. And the day after. Sigh...
This past weekend was crazy, at least for me. I worked the Dani's Duds consignment sale Friday, and will never.... do.... it.... again.... It was 6 hours of standing at a table, pulling tags off items people were buying. That wouldn't be so bad if the table weren't so low--I spent most of the night hunched over it, or bending over to get tags off larger items. Plus, I haven't had to spend 6 hours straight on my feet in a LONG time. Years ago, when I worked for EB (or even Sony) a shift like this would have been a piece of cake. But yeah, it's been a while. Plus, I don't think it was really worth shopping that much earlier than everyone else. Unless you're willing to stand in line for 2-3 hours beforehand, all the good stuff is gone by the time you get there anyway. So I'll just consign from here on out. Or work before/after the sale instead of during... But yeah, no more 6 hours hunched over a table... Crazy.
And I get to do it again Thursday! Well, kinda. There's another sale this week, called JBF or Just Between Friends. But I think I'm working a pre-sale shift, which will be more organizing and working on the floor instead of pulling tags. Plus, it's only FOUR hours instead of six. And, they use an electronic tagging system, so I don't think you even have to pull any tags off--just scan the barcodes, and go! Pretty neat. Hopefully, I'll find some good deals there!
Then.... it's off to NYC! There's a small group of us from my Mom's group going for a night, leaving at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. We're going to have REAL dim sum, ride the Staten Island ferry (to get some shots of the skyline/statue of libery, etc...) see a show (well, I'm not... going to meet up with family instead,) Time Square, etc... It'll be fun! And weird--this is the first time I'll be going anywhere without the kids OR Jeremy! How strange it will be to eat a meal with two hands, instead of one on mine, one with a spoon for Jesslyn, or not have to worry about fixing them something before I can sit an enjoy myself. I'm definitely looking forward to it!
And that will end the craziness. Hopefully by next week, everyone will be well again, and we can go back to enjoying the beautiful weather that has finally decended upon us--minus today... tomorrow, and the day after. The weekend looks gorgeous, though, so Jeremiah should have lots of fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment