Friday, June 22, 2007

Mish Mash

Today is the 2nd day of Summer! YAY!

I meant to post something yesterday, but Jeremiah and I were busy running errands. But, yay! it's summertime! Officially!

The first day of summer always marked a weird day in my life--it was awesome, because growing up in RI, it meant it was finally going to be WARM! We'd have a few nice days in May, but usually it stayed firmly in the 70's until right around June 21st. Although, it never failed, every time I tried to throw a pool party for my birthday (a week from today), the nice weather was gone, and we always got RAIN. :-p I remember having a beach party one year--this is how pathetic it was... First, I had to pick up some of my friends or they wouldn't be able to go (my Mom wasn't working at the time, lucky for me), and then when we got there (I think we went to 2nd Beach in Newport, RI), we found out there was an $8 parking fee. Well, my Mom hadn't brought any cash, so my friend Priscilla had to lend us the money. Of course, it was only high 60's, low 70's at the beach, despite it being 85 at my house in Tiverton, and there was red tide (when all this lovely brown and red algae fills the ocean making it look like 'soup'.... not exactly fun to swim in, nor is it safe....) so no one really swam (and I learned that day that it was not a good idea to shave one's legs the day of going in the salt water of the ocean....... yeah, that junk burns!)

Needless to say, not one of the best parties I had growing in. In fact, most of my birthday parties were failures.... At least in my mind. The best one I had was when I was in college, and I came home after the spring semester for a week before leaving for an internship in Pittsburg, KS (yes, no "h" in that one...) I wanted to see all my friends before I left, so I threw a party the night before, invited everyone and surprisingly, for the first time, almost all of them came! (I did have to pick someone up, still, but he didn't drive, and he was a good friend of mine that I really wanted to be there--no, not "that" kind of friend [that was understood both ways]. He was like another brother to me... Not a Christian, but always had lots of questions, so I always tried to spend time with him. He was a cool guy. Now he lives in NYC, so dunno when I'll see him again...) Well, that in itself was cool, but then my parents surprised me with a cake (this was in May, so I wasn't expecting that) as an early birthday thing, since I'd be outta town for my actual birthday, and I cried... I'd never had a "surprise cake" before. So that was really cool.

Anyways, back to June 21st. This also marked my Grandmother's birthday (my babci...) which meant my parents were gonna have a fight. Without going into it to much, she wasn't the best at allowing my parents to "leave and cleave" and so she caused a lot of stress and turmoil in my family over the years. She passed away right before Jeremiah was born (I think... pretty sure it was around Christmas, though it may have been later... maybe right after Jeremiah was born. I dunno, that whole time is a blur.) So this is the first year my Dad is "free" of obligation and guilt.

Hopefully, that means it'll be sunny for my birthday. :-)

In other, more exciting news, someone's cutting a tooth...... :-) Hmm.... I wonder who it could be.........

Oh yeah, and I'm currently uploading all my music to "MediaMax" so that you can stream our wedding album. Several people have asked us for it, I figured this would be the easiest way to do it. I haven't used them before, but I'm hoping it works well... We'll see. I'm about 2% done right now... I think it's gonna take a while (for some reason, it's trying to upload 24 gigs of data... I don't have THAT much music, that's for sure. Maybe James does, but not me. So I dunno what all that is.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:14 PM

    I don't think you b-day parties were a mess. Well..I only went to one...I think but, I thought it was fun. It was a pool party one and we made a fire and roasted marshmellows. I think it did sprinkle..or stormed a bit but..I really don't think anyone cared because, we had so much fun. You were always fun to be around with your kooky and charimatic personality..I think the only down falls I recall was the reign of 'Nivek and Mada'. Thank the spirits we got our princes now, huh? LOL! Good times, good times. We should plan to get together..sometime. Maybe when Harmo gets settled in Tennesee, we (you and I and our hubs..and kids if you want) could plan a trip down there for the same weekend and stay in the same hotel (or something cool like that). Anyways, I got to get going..got a class reunion to go too (my hubbies..not ours.) Take care. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers