Today's been a busy day.
Jeremiah and I headed off to my Mothering Matters small group, first thing this morning. I wasn't quite "all there" though. Didn't sleep well, and one of the first things Jeremiah did was knock over my freshly poured glass of orange juice--all over a white carpet! Thanks, Jeremiah... Needless to say, I was a bit distracted the rest of the group. And tired. You know how your body just hurts when you've slept too long? Just aches and pains all over, when you should feel your best, bright and refreshed? Yeah, that was me this morning, after sleeping for 8.5 hours. And of course, I could have slept longer. So I've given up trying to go to bed early anymore... There's no point. At least when I only sleep 6-7 hours, I feel okay when I wake up. There's always that afternoon nap to finish off what I missed during the night.
After group, we went to lunch with "Miss" Liz and Rachel, where Jeremiah proceeded to throw more things on the floor, including his shoes. The kid has no problem kicking them off when he's in a shopping cart, or high chair, but ask him to remove them upon entering the house, and he'll struggle all afternoon until you come to his rescue. I was definitely ready to go by the time our server brought our check back. In my haste to leave, though, I left his stacking cups on the table (it was a bit chaotic... our server didn't do a very good job clearing stuff away after it was empty... why I still tipped him well, I dunno... guess it's a habit.) They were only a buck, so I guess it's no biggie. Just kinda annoying that I have to get another set when this one was only a few days old. But I digress...
Tried to nap when Jeremiah napped, but didn't have a very successful time at that. Guess it was from all that sleep last night. :) At least Jeremiah got a decent nap in. Lately, he's been sleeping only an hour or so, when he normally sleeps 2-3. So today was nice... I just wish I had done more with that time he was asleep. And if I had found something else to do, I would have wished I'd napped instead. Quite the problem to have, eh? :)
Jeremy came home, we did stuff, blah blah blah. We'll just skip to the end--all this so I can get to the main topic of my post: the spa is only 85 degrees. Yup. That's it. Apparently, it turns off after a certain amount of time... I'm not sure exactly how much time, but this is a fact I was familiar with. I just wish I had remembered, so I could turn it back on before it started getting cold. It heats the water about a degree an hour, so by tomorrow it'll be back up to where it needs to be. But for tonight, no relaxing in the spa for me. BOO!! I was really looking forward to it. Sewed some diapers tonight, and after leaning over a sewing machine (while sitting on the "comfortable for 30 minutes, no more" dining room chair) I was ready to relax in the spa for a few minutes before bed. But alas, it was not meant to be.
The great irony in all of this would come with a surprise appearance tonight by Jess Jr. That would be "perfect", wouldn't it? Go through all this trouble of buying/setting up/maintaining a portable spa, only to have it be of little use for its main purpose--a midwife's "epidural". Actually, tomorrow night would be perfect timing for her to arrive. The spa will be warm again, and Marsha will be on call. Though the midwife on call right now, Regina, is working with the new midwife, Sheila, whom I like very much (based on my few conversations with her, at least.) So that wouldn't be bad. But the spa's not warm yet, and by the time it is, they may be at another birth, which would mean we'd get the backup, of whom I'm not that fond. In the end, though, it probably won't matter which midwife we get. After all, they're here to support me, and criticism doesn't help labor progress (not that they've been critical, really, it's just perceptions and tone from the past that I've been less than thrilled with.)
Anyways, I've kinda given up hope for a birth this week. I think next week is more likely. And that's okay. She's going to come when she's ready to come, even though I'd love for her to come earlier. And I just don't have the energy/drive to try the top two natural labor inducers (I'll let you look 'em up....) So we'll wait, and hope she at least comes by her due date. If she doesn't... well, ask me about it then. I'd rather not go there right now. :) Let's just hope and pray that Grandma's guess is WAYYY off! And while we're at it, Ali/Chris, and Harmony, too. What're you trying to do to me???? :)
Okay... I'm pretty tired now, so off I go! What's the forecast for tomorrow... High of 82?! That's it?! Well, I'm not driving out to Warrenton to go swimming in low 80's temps... Good day to walk to the farm, though! The Farmer's Market will be up and running. We'll see. Could be nice. Doesn't look like very much hot weather from here on out--most highs in the low-mid 80's, one or two days in the high 70's??!! Maybe I typed in "Calgary, AB" instead of "Herndon, VA".... Oh, nope, nevermind, their highs are in the more "seasonal" range the next 10 days (though 59 for a high in August just seems weird... But then again, weather is a strange thing...) I guess fall wants to come a little early this year, since spring decided to start back in March! Geez, I hope this doesn't mean a frigid winter ahead of us... I prefer the more mild types (and no snow after Christmas. Up til then, no problem. But that's it!)
What was I talking about?? Oh yeah, going to bed. G'night!



Bwahahh ahahahha ahahha ;]
ReplyDeleteSept. 5th. You shall grin and bear it. :P
Oh and I think I know which two labor inducers you are talking about: one is what got you preggers in the first palce and the other, I believe is walking or...perhaps it is stretching by squatting?
Well, I was actually thinking of one that is kinda related to the first one you mentioned--one reason why the caution Moms who are still nursing about doing so late in pregnancy. It does work to help labor along, for sure. How well either starts labor, though... well, I don't think I'm up for putting in the necessary "trials" to find out.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, if it starts looking like Sept 5th is a likely birthday, I may have to re-evaluate my feelings on the issue.