In a few hours, we'll be considered FULL-TERM!! Woot!
So anytime, in the next 5 (!) weeks, Jess Jr could appear... I can finally relax, and stop worrying about her coming too early (there were times when I really thought this would be the case... Braxton Hicks this time around aren't very friendly...) So now... we wait. Will it be this week??? No one in our baby poll seemed to think so. Next week??? Probably more likely, but again, might still be early. The week after??? Far more probable. On her due date????? Well, I hope not, but if she really wants to be like her favorite big brother, that's what she'll do!
Right now, I'm trying to gather the rest of our birth supplies into one place. Stuff like trash bags, sandwich bags (for ice packs--you figure out where they'd be needed, :) flashlight, a phone book, etc, etc, etc... Our room isn't quite ready yet--we still have all our furniture in there (put the new stuff together, and haven't moved the old stuff out...) Hopefully that'll get taken care of tonight. And my last big home project, our headboard, is almost done. Jeremy wired the "recessed lights" (really, they're just cabinet lights on a wood panel,) and just needs to attach it to the ceiling. I need to sew the curtains for it (just edging it all, so it looks a bit more polished,) and attach all the panels to the wall--done! Yeah, that'll be tomorrow's project, I'm sure.
Our birth assistant, Audrey, is stopping by tomorrow, to make sure we've got everything ready and in place. We met the rest of her team (she works with two other birth assistants, in case she's already at a birth, or has to go out of town, or whatever...) on Saturday in Arlington. They're all really nice, so we're comfortable with anyone, even if Audrey can't make it (she's wayyyy closer, though... the other two are in Maryland, so if this gal decides to come during rush hour and Audrey can't make it, we may have a baby by ourselves! Well, a midwife would be coming, too, but most of them are in Maryland as well... Let's hope for another night/weekend baby!) It'll be all good. :) The chances of that happening are slim--it would make for an exciting story, though! Good one to tell the grandkids, someday...
Hung out with the family yesterday. My Mom had a "High Tea" at her church, so I went to that while my "boyz" hung out with the other "boyz". It was a nice, casual time, and of course, Grandma got to see her favorite #1 grandson! Needless to say, they're very exciting about #2's arrival, though I think part of it may have to do with the fact that they would get to hang out with Jeremiah for a whole week when it happens (that's how long they've offered to take him, so we can get adjusted to life with #2--are we blessed, or what??!)
Today was a nice, but tiring day. We went to bed late last night, and had to get up early for church--I'm glad we did. Our lead pastor is still on summer break, so they had the director for The House ministry in SE DC, Steve Fitzhugh, come and speak, and he was really good. Like Ricky Bolden, he's another former NFL player and very entertaining. I think it's great that these men (and there are lots more of them) have used their positions in the NFL to minister to people today, now that they're out. This guy does not have an easy job--SE DC can be argued to be the WORST side of DC. The kids he works with have not had an easy life, that's for sure. I don't even want to have to drive though it, let alone stop to work in it. So kudos to him!
Anyways, it was very good, and of course, is available on Mclean's website, if you want to hear it. We had to rush out afterwards, though, because we were having folks over for lunch shortly after. I told ya it was a busy weekend!! :) We hadn't seen Jeremy's friend from the olden days, Andie, and her family in almost two years! So it was nice to finally see them again, and see how Jeremiah and her son, Mateu, interacted with each other (they got along really well! It was cute to watch!) I was beat afterwards, and took a little nap. And here we are! Ready to go!
Well, that's enough procrastination... Time to get these last few things gathered, maybe put a few diapers together, and MAYBE get the old furniture outta our room, so we have room to walk again... yeah, we'll see.
Hope everyone has a good week! Like last time, I plan on posting here when the "action" starts, so if you don't see anything new here, then nothing is happening. I have a far better camera phone this time around, so expect newborn shots soon after I catch my breath. :)



September 5th, that is when Jess Jr will be born. -firm nod-
ReplyDeleteLol. Can you tell, I want to win? ;]?
Oh and..yeah, have not got around to getting gifts yet. Things got tight and a little crazy.
Oh...any decision on a name yet? I know I keep asking and I know you probably would have posted it, if you did but, I was just curious if there was any new developments on that matter?
Nope, no new name developments. It's pretty safe to say at this point that she'll be named after she's born (hopefully, shortly after!) We have a couple of ideas floating around, different from the names we were considering a month or so ago, but only God knows what we'll actually settle on.
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm a party pooper. :) We will definitely post the big announcement here, when we figure it out! So just keep checkin' in...
And don't worry about sending a gift! We've got lots of stuff, so really, don't worry about it. I know how it is when things are tight--take care of your family! :)
Oh, and she'd better not come on Sept. 5th... >:) For Mommy's sake!
ReplyDelete