Saturday, August 16, 2008

Yay!

All done!

Finally, after weeks of planning and and working, we have finished our bedroom!

Well, not quite entirely... I still need to put some curtains up, and maybe get some art up as well. But for now, it's done.

Many thanks to my awesome parents, who gave up their Saturday to come help us do the last bit! It partially my Moms fault, anyways, that it took so long. I had a mediocre plan of attack, she had a much for fancy solution. Of course, fancy always takes a little more work, but we were able to pull it off! YAY!

We've also finished the nursery. Not that it was waiting for a lot, but we had to wait for a mattress from my parents (which my Mom and I picked up today while my Dad and Jeremy went to Home Depot for bed stuff.) Once we had that, we could pick out a skirt for the crib, and set it all up! It looks so cute! But, no pics right now, because we also set up the spa in there, and it doesn't look good. Functional, yes, but I'll be glad when the birth is over and we can move it out.

It is nice for right now, though! Jeremy and I have been in it a couple of times, and it's so much nicer than the Aqua Doula we had last time. For one thing, because it's inflatable, it's way more comfortable than sitting on the floor. There's a bottom cushion, and the sides are cushioned, so I can actually hang on to the sides during contractions this time, instead of using a pool noodle. Also, it's heated (the Aqua Doula only maintained heat, it didn't heat it up,) which is very nice, indeed. But yeah, it's ugly. :)

Well, Michael Phelps is about to try for his 8th Gold right now, so I'm gonna go. But before I do, I just wanted to say we had a nice date last night. :) The "Friday Night Date Nights" are on, and last night, we had dinner at Ruth's Chris (thanks to some credit card points that I won't be accumulating anymore of...) We even PAID someone to watch Jeremiah (well, sit here and make sure he slept soundly, at least...) which is a first. But it was a nice time. And boy was it a good meal. YUMMY! We had the mixed grille, which had a 4 oz filet, crab cake and chicken breast (among other stuff, but that was the main stuff.) The filet and crab cake were AWESOME! The chicken breast... eh, meh. Coulda done without. But yes, it was all delicious, and we were both SUPER STUFFED when we left. It was just nice to get out and enjoy a nice meal without Jeremiah. We'll have to come up with something else yummy and fun for next week (if there's no baby...) but it'll be tough to top that!

Okay, time to go. :) Thanks again to my parents for all their help (and all the baby stuff!!) My to-do list just got a lot shorter (just need to finish fixing all my diapers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers