Well, so much for going to church....
Apparently, no one else appreciated the "joyful noise to the Lord" that Jeremiah was exhibiting during the sermon today. I mean, c'mon, it's not like we were sitting smack dab in the middle of the congregation. We did what we could--sat all the way in the back, by the door so that we could step out if Jeremiah got a little out of control. For the most part, he was good, but a couple of times, he may have been a bit loud, but those were the times we stepped out with him.
It wasn't enough, I guess. Right before the end of the sermon (maybe 5 or 10 minutes left), one of the ushers came up to us and handed us a cream colored card with "A Message from Lon" on it. Basically it said that the church wanted to make sure everyone was entitled to a distraction-free woship experience, and that they had the nursery, kids quest, and family rooms available for those with young children. Yeah... We know. Lon told us the same thing when Jeremiah was dedicated--families with children under 6 should sit in the balconies. No problem, that's where we were. I'm not "ready" to put Jeremiah in the nursery yet (I'm just not--got a problem with that?!?!) and going to the family room is pointless, because no one who goes in there actually controls their children. It's like they think, "Oh, well, since we're not in the same room as everyone else, they can do whatever they want." But I guess that's our only option if we want to go to church--sit in the family room, and allow everyone else's kids to ruin our woship experience, or attempt to sit in the auditorium and risk Jeremiah being a distraction to those around us.
Very frustrating. Only in a church as big and as "corporate" as Mclean would this be a problem. I don't blame them, I guess. If everyone had their babies in there, it could be crazy, but what's a Mom to do?! Most other churches have plenty of room in the back for Moms and Dads to walk around with their babies, so it's not an issue.
Whatever. It really ruined my day (that and the stupid lady crossing the street that felt the need to stop and point out the crosswalk she was in because we took too long to stop and let her cross... stupid freakin' people... Next time, we'll just accelerate and barely hit her, I guess--would she like that better?!?! Seriously, just because you're in the cross walk does not mean you have the right to STOP in the middle of the road! Geez...)
Tomorrow, we have our home inspection, which should be fun. Stephin is here to baby-sit for us, so we can be distraction free. Hopefully, the day will go better than today.



Yikes! Sorry to hear that you had such a lousy day. You just never know what people will do. I just love how people think that your baby or child is suppose to be diciplined-trained by the time they are 1 and strict military trained by the time they are 3. Makes me wonder what is wrong with the way people think. Kids will be kids. -shakes head- Here's hoping your week gets better. Just keep thinking: "house, new house, new house." :)!
ReplyDelete