A place for us "Wilcox Types" to document the daily meanderings of our lives, not only for the enjoyment of family and friends, but also as a tome of our history. Opinions will be expressed, stories shared, and, well, life happens. You are welcome to stay, if you wish, but remember you are free to read elsewhere if the content is not your cup of tea. ;)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Breakfast
Fried chicken and waffles, with pecans and honey butter syrup. Mmmm... I couldn't eat it all, but it was good.
Fried Chicken & Waffles. Now, I think I have seen everything. Must of been interesting.
Good to see someone else is as daring as I am when it comes to trying new foods and different combinations of food.
So far, I have had: Quail(very good) Calimari(yum!) Pheasant (yum!!) Venison Steak, Burger and Strap( all: YUM!) Veal (Yummy until I leanrned what they do to the claf to get it so tender and now, I am against Veal) Alligator(strangely, very delicious) Cornish Hen(some people think they are a strange thing to eat) Cherry Stones(1 time & one only! eww raw!!) Sushi (same..eww raw!) Buffalo Burger (good) Angus Burger (mnnnn) Oysters (mnnnn)
Yeah, I actually take that back on the Sushi. I like it!!! =D!
Reason for recall: Chris and I went to Stop & Shop today to do our grocery shopping and Chris bought a small dish of sushi at the deli(where all the already made lunch sprea is). I know what you are thinking 'Stop and Shop' sushi but...man, it was good. Even better than the first place I had it at whioch was a Chinese/Japanese Restaurant in Dartmouth called Wasabi's(where the old Tangerine's was..or whatever it was called).
Messed up, huh?
And, to me the Chicken & Waffles is a strange thing to eat. I never heard of it but, you guys have because you live in areas that its popular. Like reindeer sausage or something. You wouldn't know Alaskins eat that unless you've been there or hear it from someone's who been there and ate it. =)
Wow I didn't know that combination existed... that looks like it could be either delicious or gross, depending on what mood you're in. I'l have to try it sometime!
Fried Chicken & Waffles. Now, I think I have seen everything. Must of been interesting.
ReplyDeleteGood to see someone else is as daring as I am when it comes to trying new foods and different combinations of food.
So far, I have had:
Quail(very good)
Calimari(yum!)
Pheasant (yum!!)
Venison Steak, Burger and Strap( all: YUM!)
Veal (Yummy until I leanrned what they do to the claf to get it so tender and now, I am against Veal)
Alligator(strangely, very delicious)
Cornish Hen(some people think they are a strange thing to eat)
Cherry Stones(1 time & one only! eww raw!!)
Sushi (same..eww raw!)
Buffalo Burger (good)
Angus Burger (mnnnn)
Oysters (mnnnn)
and I think that's it...
Ali, Chicken and waffles popular down south. It's not THAT far out.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's definitely a southern thing. I admit, though, the first time I saw Alton Brown make it on "Good Eats", I was a bit weirded out.
ReplyDeleteBut now, I understand... :)
Oh, and sushi is definitely NOT "ewww!" You just haven't experienced what good sushi is yet, if that's how ya feel. :)
But I agree with ya on the cherry stones...
Yeah, I actually take that back on the Sushi. I like it!!! =D!
ReplyDeleteReason for recall: Chris and I went to Stop & Shop today to do our grocery shopping and Chris bought a small dish of sushi at the deli(where all the already made lunch sprea is). I know what you are thinking 'Stop and Shop' sushi but...man, it was good. Even better than the first place I had it at whioch was a Chinese/Japanese Restaurant in Dartmouth called Wasabi's(where the old Tangerine's was..or whatever it was called).
Messed up, huh?
And, to me the Chicken & Waffles is a strange thing to eat. I never heard of it but, you guys have because you live in areas that its popular. Like reindeer sausage or something. You wouldn't know Alaskins eat that unless you've been there or hear it from someone's who been there and ate it. =)
Wow I didn't know that combination existed... that looks like it could be either delicious or gross, depending on what mood you're in. I'l have to try it sometime!
ReplyDelete