Friday, January 12, 2007

Five Days Old




Opps... little bit of red eye in that one. Oh well.

So here we are, now 5 days old... Pretty crazy. Days don't seem to exist anymore--they kinda just bleed into one another. And nights aren't very long; Probably because it gets dark so eary now, and we usually don't 'go to bed' until midnight or so. By the time we're--well, I'm--getting up for a second or third feeding, the sun's about to come up! And then we sleep 'til noon or two or something. Overall, all is well.

And that's all I get to write for now--he's waking up, which means he's hungry. Oi vey...

Okay, I'm back. I must say, though, out of everything I needed to ready myself for, in regards to his arrival, breastfeeding was probably the biggest surprise. Sure, I'd read up on it, I've got La Leche Legue's book, but I was pretty naive to think that I would be exempt from 'issues'. I can totally understand now why some women don't even want to try--it's very frustrating. And very painful. I was prepared for labor and birth pain, but this... This is almost worse, because it doesn't have an end... I must be doing something wrong, though, because according to the gal we rented the Aqua Doula from (who's a La Leche Legue Leader), breastfeeding shouldn't hurt. And labor is also supposed to be an orgasmic experience (according to some...) I dunno... Everyone else I talk to say, "Yes, you're gonna be sore for a while, but you'll get through it." Well, hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, pray for us??

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Jess, you will be in our prayers!! Although I can't help with any personal experience, hang in there. Any name for the little guy yet??!! Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers