Monday, January 30, 2006

We love Chipotle!

But Chipotle does not love us, apparently. Let me explain. Jeremy and I are avid Chipotle fans--it's the dinner of all dinners on the way to church or on the way home from church (or whenever we're in the Tyson's area). We're not addicted, we just really enjoy those burritos! Nothing like a huge, honkin' burrito that takes DOS MANOS to hold, and, unless you're preparing for a hot dog eating contest, is very very VERY difficult to finish in one sitting. That doesn't mean we both haven't done it. But it also means we were muy fullo after doing so.... Oi vey.... So we've recently discoved the "splitting" technique, in which we'll order one burrito, chips and guac, split the whole thing, and then we're both left getting what we wanted, without feeling like we're going to burst. I've also recently developed a taste for their soft tacos, and then fill each one with a different meat. Yum yum yum!

Well... have ya ever wondered how heathly eating a Chipotle burrito is?? I always thought, "Eh, they grill the chicken, put lots of fresh veggies and salsas on it... get a little cheese, a little sour cream, we're good." I don't know if it was naivite or wishful thinking... but I was wrong. Oh, was I wrong. I will add this, though--eating a burrito, the whole thing, by yourself is STILL far healthier than eating a whopper with fries, or big mac with fries, or something along those lines. My favorite concoction of 13" flour tortilla, chicken, rice, fajita veggies, tomatoes, corn salsa, little cheese, little sour cream and lettuce gets me a whopping 1259 calories, 55 g of fat (19 g sat), 131 carbs (7 g fiber, 12 g sugar) and 56 g protein. You get the idea. Want to hear Jeremy's damage?? Okay! Jeremy's burrito (13" Flour tortilla, rice, beans, steak, tomatoes, red sauce, cheese, sour cream, lettuce) 1228 calories, 49 g fat (20 g sat), 131 carbs (10.5 g fiber, 6 g sugar) and 62 g protein. Now, if Jeremy goes to the one by his office, they know him and will put extra meat on it, so the numbers above are the 'light' version. :-) You can calculate your own burrito's nurtritional values here!

Anywhoo... I guess if we keep doing the split thingie, it's not so bad. And we don't go nearly as often as we used to--maybe once a month vs once a week. We're stepping in the right direction! A Chipotle Fan is the one who set up the nutritional calculator on his site, and he's also started a petition for a smaller burrito. Basically he's saying, "We love you Chipotle, but we want to finish our meal for once!" I think it's a great idea, especially since I believe more people will sit there and eat an entire burrito, even though they only need half of it to fill them up. I mean, you get going in that burrito eating goodness, it's hard to stop. A smaller burrito would be much appreciated for sure! Sign the petition! Get a smaller burrito!

Did you know you can order burritos online and pick them up in the restaurant of your choice? I knew about the faxing thing, but not the only order. Definitely will save ya time during that lunch rush. Order at Chipotle's DSL (don't stand in line) website!

Don't forget the Valentines' Special! Basically, if you buy a Chipotle gift card ($5-$250 value) between Jan 31st and Feb. 11th, you can bring you gift card receipt back to get a free burrito between Feb. 12 and Feb. 14th. Aww... what better way to say I love you than with a Chipotle gift card... how sweet.

Alrighty! Who's up for burritos tonight?!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 AM

    so...are you getting money for promoting Chipotle? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:08 PM

    lol, Didn't you see??? FREE BURRITOS! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers